Sunday, December 13, 2009

Movie Review-Carriers


I had never heard of this film before. But I saw the trailer a million times and it sucked me in. I just saw "Star Trek" and became a fan of Chris Pine, which made me want to see "Carriers" even more.

But as it turned out, my excitement was unwarranted.

PLOT:
A group of survivors stop at nothing as they try to outrun a dangerous, contagious virus that has ravished the planet and killed millions of people.

Pros:
Plots about viral pandemics are always interesting, and disturbing considering our own supposed outbreaks over the last few years. One thing that is done well in this movie was the playing up of "will they or won't they catch it" storyline. They were put in many situations where the audience just doesn't know.

I like the surprises. Though i barely see this has a horror film, it is. Though it isn't remotely scary, it does have the one genuine horror film characteristic of surprise.

I liked the pace of the film,. At times it's frantic, other times tense, and realistically sad. None of the paces gets jumbled or cross uncomfortably. It's actually woven together nicely. I especially enjoyed the sick daughter storyline featuring Christopher Meloni.

Cons:
As good as the movie is for the first 88% of the it, it has maybe the biggest letdown in history for me. The build-up led to one the most anti-climactic endings I've ever seen. As i stated, it was a well crafted film, and it is just too bad to see a good film, a potentially a great film, gets severely trampled by a terrible ending.

Recommendation:
Wait til it comes on HBO

Main Cast:
Lou Taylor Pucci ("Southland Tales", "Fanboys")
Chris Pine ("Smoking Aces", "Star Trek")
Piper Perabo ("Coyote Ugly", "Cheaper by the Dozen")
Emily VanCamp (TVs "Brothers and Sisters", "Ring Two")
Christopher Meloni ("Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle", "Nights in Rodanthe")
Kiernan Shipka (TVs "Mad Men", "Land of the Lost")

Similar Titles:
Outbreak, I Am Legend

Next Review:
Inglorious Basterds- Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment